Saturday, March 26, 2011

3 Weeks, 1 Day (GA: 31 Weeks)

Last week when Eliza got strep throat, the nurses assured us that since adults don't stick their fingers in their mouths, we would be pretty safe against it.  Apparently, they underestimated me.  I came down with strep yesterday and spent all but a few minutes of the day in my bed.  I was and still am wiped out.  The night before I came down with it, I had told Eliza, "I hope I get sick so you can be my nurse too."  Eliza (and Bella) have been wonderful nurses, but suffice it to say that my stated hope, once realized, was not worth the blessing of my two little nurses.

Yesterday, Gabe got a CT scan at Primary Children's and the neurologists decided to wait and not do anything right now.  Gabe's head measurement was 29 cm, up from 27.5 cm on Monday.  His sutures are separated as well.  So it looks like hydrocephalus, but they will wait a little longer before they intervene.  They will likely put a reservoir in.  This is a tube that goes into the ventricles that allows them to drain off fluid when needed.

We still don't have final culture results for Zeke.  He is doing pretty well clinically.  He is on hi-flow and still getting all his fluids by IV.  We will just have to wait and see how he does in the next few days.

1 comment: