Monday, February 14, 2011

25 Weeks 3 days - Part II

Nanette's Valentines poem referred to in the last post:

My Home

Within the budding years of youth
I feared the rocky way ahead,
Proclaimed I would not follow there,
But find my own safe path instead.

To friends I swore no risk I'd take.
From lovers' vows I would refrain,
And choose instead a lonely road
Which beckons neither love nor pain.

As I set off I glanced once more
To see the path I'd left behind.
I saw a harbor waiting there
Of peace and cheer and comfort kind.

I found my home within your arms
All safe and warm in your embrace.
Your gentleness and strength - my all
Your tenderness - my mortal grace.

2 comments:

  1. wow wow wow. beautiful and wonderful in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! It gave me goose bumps. Way to go, Nanette!

    ReplyDelete